Home » STIR Academy
Category Archives: STIR Academy
#Sustainocracy, our new #democracy, introduced a totally new way of thinking and handling. It is a real time democracy based on our core human values. We do that with the Sustainocratic table. No banks, no politics are involved, just our regional core human values and shared responsibility.
The table is managed by an independent #Sustainocrat. He or she invites all relevant parties to the table and makes sure that the human natural core values lead the result and project driven dialogue. I have been practicing this role for 10 years now. It was not easy to get everyone to the table but I managed to get it going after much trial and error….
The table symbolizes our regional society, our #community. The table has four supportive legs, each representing a key participant of our society today:
On top of the table are our core natural human values as shared #responsability. The sustainocrat at the table connects all four leg’s representatives based on #equality around the table. Each have equal part in the values driven process. Nobody is “the boss”, also not the Sustainocrat. They come together to safeguard the common core values through proactive, results driven innovative projects.
Current existing examples of such tables, with me as connecting Sustainocrat:
#AiREAS: air quality, health and mobility
#School of Talent and Wellness: participatory learning
#FRE2SH: regional food security
#COS3i: social inclusion and citizens participation in our core human values
In Eindhoven, between september 15th 2018 and december 2nd, we expect up to 50.000 visitors to the exposition and open debat about robots in our human lives.
STIR Foundation (City of Tomorrow) has partnered with the Robot Love organisation with a variety of objectives:
- Contribute to the discussion from the Sustainocratic perspective of core natural and human values as well as the human complexity model,
- Use the impact of such a big event in the regional development plans of the local population,
- Assist with the food supply and catering through our FRE2SH city food production and partnership organization,
- Develop together the social inclusion and innovation potential of the event for people in process of re-integration, migration, expats and other COS3I target groups,
- Offer open podium to our School of Talents and international partners for participative learning activities and the organization of events of our own within the context of this platform
Every person has authentic talents that make a difference within our sustainocratic movements in the “City of Tomorrow”. It is remarkable how people florish when they get the opportunity to engage and deploy their skills in freedom and equality with everyone else. We realize that every person is unique, with his or her unique contribution to the eco-system that we live in.
When we formulated our 5 core conditions for sustainable progress as guiding principle we automatically abolished the need for hierarchical structures. We introduced the dynamic human clustering around priorities through engagement. Anyone can participate. Any newcomer brings in his or her specific energy and habilities affecting the group(s) as a whole. Each cluster contains numerous entities, from citizen’s to government officials, innovative entrepreneurs, scientists, etc. All primarily get involved as human being, skills and institutions are instruments. No one is more important than the other. Every one is valued for their unique contribution and added value to the process.
The result is impressive. A new human eco-system appears that functions as a powerful contrast to the political economic hierarchy that we got used to for many millennia. Many thousands of individuals engage within the different clusters and create their own abundance to share. The awareness rises in the groups that our cocreative reality is much more powerful and resilient than the structured dependences we created or subdued to before. And it is a choice we can all make.
In the twilight between two different realities it is at first difficult for people (and institutions) to make the choice. On the one hand there is the powerful presence still of the old dominant system that imposes itself. On the other hand there are the guts, determination and trust needed to let go and embrase a new way of life initially full of uncertainties and challenges. As time evolves the choice becomes easier because of the precedents, good example and existing platforms that show the way. People say when they encounter us “it exists, we want this too”. This awareness is the first step. Then two other steps appear:
- The abstract phase to define something concrete: People agree with the Sustainocratic core values, they identify with the level 4 cocreation process but find it difficult to apply it to their own country or region or circumstances. “Can you make it small for me” we often hear. Then we reply “If we do then you’ll be doing the work for us. If you do it then you do it for yourselves”. Once people get the hang of determining their own priorities, step out of the wheel of dependencies and into the arena of shared responsibilities, then the flow really starts. In such stage we can become partners and share best practice, consultancy, networks, instruments, etc while learning from each other.
- When people make up their mind, determine their priorities and come up with a powerful, high impact innovative change program, they tend to come with the question “is this okay?”. We then needed to explain that if it feels right, it contributes to the higher purpose and they stand behind their own choices…. than why ask anyone for permission? Go for it! Flow….
Once people get acquainted with the flow than they cannot be stopped. The new reality is then irreversible.