Home » Posts tagged 'robotlove'
Tag Archives: robotlove
Robotlove opens today as a 10 week event that questions our relationship with robots in general and opens up the dialogue on our dependence on technology. Are we being run by robots or are they there to helps us live a better life?
This is a fundamental discussion that also concerns us at City of Tomorrow while we consider our integral human resilience or lack thereof as we use systems to serve and destroy us. In essence our transformative initiatives hook on well with this. For instance the issue of food and our dependence of the economic system to access our primary needs. FRE2SH is our city farm initiative that unites about 30 different companies, production, food innovation, research, food processing, restaurants, etc into one food resilience circular eco-system. It is not a surprise that RobotLove decided to work with us for the catering of 400 volunteers as crew and 90.000 expected visitors.
We prepared salades, wraps, mexican tortillas, sweets and even city brewed special beers for the event. We also registered volunteers through our COS3I social inclusion activities. Sustainocracy is not just a theory, it is put into practice as well. We are one big new world family!
In Eindhoven, between september 15th 2018 and december 2nd, we expect up to 50.000 visitors to the exposition and open debat about robots in our human lives.
STIR Foundation (City of Tomorrow) has partnered with the Robot Love organisation with a variety of objectives:
- Contribute to the discussion from the Sustainocratic perspective of core natural and human values as well as the human complexity model,
- Use the impact of such a big event in the regional development plans of the local population,
- Assist with the food supply and catering through our FRE2SH city food production and partnership organization,
- Develop together the social inclusion and innovation potential of the event for people in process of re-integration, migration, expats and other COS3I target groups,
- Offer open podium to our School of Talents and international partners for participative learning activities and the organization of events of our own within the context of this platform