Home » Posts tagged 'peace'
Tag Archives: peace
|This unique global online event is free of charge. It combines music with the 350 awards extended to people active across the world for a “better world”. It is also a kick off for dynamic peace building clusters throughout the Visioneers network.|
| The Visioneers International Network|
Invites You to
Become a Participant in a world class global project set to make a positive difference as humanity strives to overcome the urgent existential problems threatening our survival. Choose to Act
Become a Peace Builder with strategic intention to collaborate with a multi-generational Global community of leaders and changemakers beyond all borders and barriers.
|Register to Attend the Visioneers Launch||REGISTER FREE|
Building Humanity’s Golden Peace
|Live from Vancouver, BC|
University of British Columbia
October 9, 2022
11:00 am PDT
= 20.00 CET
| Live streamstarts at 10:30 am PDT|
=19:30 CET (Amsterdam time)
|Register for Free|
The global Visioneers network is preparing a great launch and clustered platform for values driven actions.
Save the date: Sunday October 9, 2022 at 11 am PDT = 20.00 CET online and offline (Vancouver) event.
Humanity’s Golden Peace
An Entry to the Age of Global Consciousness
What is/are “the Visioneers”? In 1992 Dr Desmond Berghofer (Vancouver, Canada) published a book on his views of human development. Ever since he has been living his views together with his wife Dr. Geraldine Schwartz. Five years ago they started to extend Visioneers Awards to people who were recommended to them for their humanitarian work accross the world. So far over 300 awards have been extended by them forming a worldwide network of great people that have been making a difference. I myself was surprised and honored to be included in this network some time ago and also become part of their round table of about 30 Visioneers. I suddenly found myself surrounded with the greatest authors, TV personalities, musicians, peace activists, intellectuals, etc.
The event on October 9th? After all these many years of preparations, gathering wonderful people, extending awards to them, it is time to engage the whole world. Read about the plans here in the latest bulletin. The event will contain three parts:
- 1. The celebration and official designation of Visioneers Awards
- 2. Humanity’s Golden Peace, described in visuals, stories, music, poetry and songs, sending our message through the Arts, with choirs of many ages and voices and ongoing audience participation.
- 3. A mosaic of film clips, of 10 inspirational episodes of wisdom, stories of outstanding achievement and visions of Humanity’s Golden Future.
It is also the time to initiate the process of clustering Visioneers in Leadership Circles:
Visioneers Leadership Circles to be formed worldwide will be introduced as we wage peace and register our achievements on the Visioneers Wall of Stories, colour-coded to display progress on the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.Geraldine Schwarz
The COS3i worldwide peace challenge is easy, highly satisfying and engaging with your natural environment of fellow citizens. It is emotionally and spiritually very rewarding. And it is free.
Key to peace is our open, positive and inclusive social interaction. This is also the secret to bluezone long livity, happiness and sustainable human progress. In times of excessive narcissism, hierarchies of inequality, intercultural migrations and social unrest….. it is key to establish a networked countermovement of community building, mutual respect, social engagement and open dialogues based on equality, curiosity, acceptance, cohabitation, care, joint social ventures and projects. If we give it a common expression, a logo, a sign, then we can make this visible everywhere, on every corner of the street, every participating restaurant, music center, community center, local coordinator, sponsor, etc.
The more we show these intentions, our efforts, the common commitment to peace and progress, the more it will become our common reality, our common mindset and way of life.
The COS3i logo is a unifying image, representing our colorful diversity and commitment to each other for peace and progress.(Jean-Paul Close – Sustainocracy)
Examples of local COS3i initiatives:
Intercultural encounters: Make arrangements with a local community center, restaurant or theater to use their space. The spaceholder provides maybe access to drinks while we invite people to join and get acquainted with a particular culture through its food, music, traditional costumes, open dialogue, photographs, information, etc. With these events we try to establish the open dialogue, the respectful interaction between cultures, the elimination of prejudism.
Social engagement events: People get triggered by different social activities. The diversity of interests, talents and wishes of people is enormous. Organizing different low cost social, easily managed events attracts a diversity of people. The common denominator is always the social encounter, engagement and interaction. This can be through creativity (painting together, working with textiles, expressing ourselves through theater, etc), the social meting (a picknick in the park, a jambee session together, a dance event), excersize (biking or walking event, yoga in the park, a firewalk, etc), spiritual encounters (full moon events, brother or sisterhood circles, seasonal rituals) or work space encounters (repair shop, handicraft, recylcing activities, waste reuse, etc).
These events are all organized around the social inclusion and engagement of people. People may pay a minor contribution but in essence there should be no barriers to participate.
Combining international and local initiatives: COS3i international organizes worldwide events that build on the local COS3i initiatives. Like this we create a sense of universal belonging, positive interaction and community building. These international events are always related to a particular theme. Examples are:
- Equinox and Earthday: celebrating the start of springtime or the end of the summer, both periods of abundance and happiness due to light, food abundance and warmth.
- World Peace Jazz: online participation in the peace concert of Nigeria on July 9th 2022 with local social encounters and peace dialogues
- World happiness bird: our permanent engagement with shared positiveness and interconnectedness.
- Organizing health and mind opening trips among each other
How does it work?
You are probably already a socially active person, NGO or otherwise. By doing COS3i like things you gain personal appreciation in your network and get to meet many new people. This is often a wonderful award for the energy you put in it. You get used in thinking in terms of reciprocity instead of budgets.
By joining COS3i you increase your visibility through our combined efforts on social media, blogs, etc. Being part of COS3i is not a cost, it is a commitment in sharing the same mindset of developing our core human values, empathy, social interaction, conflict avoidance, resolution and proactive development of peace through cooperation. What to do:
- Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org with your contactdetails and motivation to join.
- You will receive the logo that you can use in your local communication. We have made stickers locally to identify our partners in the field of hospitality and social interaction.
- Connect with eachother´s social media channels to show and share each other´s COS3i events.
- Twice a year we will engage online with the community to exchange views and successes.
- We can also organize social engagement and health trips among the network for further expanding our activities also through physical encounters.
- COS3i is based on equality. Our commitment to peace unites us. Initiatives can be born everywhere and shared across the network. We develop a code of conduct together to make best use of each others efforts and engagement.