The COS3i worldwide peace challenge is easy, highly satisfying and engaging with your natural environment of fellow citizens. It is emotionally and spiritually very rewarding. And it is free.
Key to peace is our open, positive and inclusive social interaction. This is also the secret to bluezone long livity, happiness and sustainable human progress. In times of excessive narcissism, hierarchies of inequality, intercultural migrations and social unrest….. it is key to establish a networked countermovement of community building, mutual respect, social engagement and open dialogues based on equality, curiosity, acceptance, cohabitation, care, joint social ventures and projects. If we give it a common expression, a logo, a sign, then we can make this visible everywhere, on every corner of the street, every participating restaurant, music center, community center, local coordinator, sponsor, etc.
The more we show these intentions, our efforts, the common commitment to peace and progress, the more it will become our common reality, our common mindset and way of life.
The COS3i logo is a unifying image, representing our colorful diversity and commitment to each other for peace and progress.(Jean-Paul Close – Sustainocracy)
Examples of local COS3i initiatives:
Intercultural encounters: Make arrangements with a local community center, restaurant or theater to use their space. The spaceholder provides maybe access to drinks while we invite people to join and get acquainted with a particular culture through its food, music, traditional costumes, open dialogue, photographs, information, etc. With these events we try to establish the open dialogue, the respectful interaction between cultures, the elimination of prejudism.
Social engagement events: People get triggered by different social activities. The diversity of interests, talents and wishes of people is enormous. Organizing different low cost social, easily managed events attracts a diversity of people. The common denominator is always the social encounter, engagement and interaction. This can be through creativity (painting together, working with textiles, expressing ourselves through theater, etc), the social meting (a picknick in the park, a jambee session together, a dance event), excersize (biking or walking event, yoga in the park, a firewalk, etc), spiritual encounters (full moon events, brother or sisterhood circles, seasonal rituals) or work space encounters (repair shop, handicraft, recylcing activities, waste reuse, etc).
These events are all organized around the social inclusion and engagement of people. People may pay a minor contribution but in essence there should be no barriers to participate.
Combining international and local initiatives: COS3i international organizes worldwide events that build on the local COS3i initiatives. Like this we create a sense of universal belonging, positive interaction and community building. These international events are always related to a particular theme. Examples are:
- Equinox and Earthday: celebrating the start of springtime or the end of the summer, both periods of abundance and happiness due to light, food abundance and warmth.
- World Peace Jazz: online participation in the peace concert of Nigeria on July 9th 2022 with local social encounters and peace dialogues
- World happiness bird: our permanent engagement with shared positiveness and interconnectedness.
- Organizing health and mind opening trips among each other
How does it work?
You are probably already a socially active person, NGO or otherwise. By doing COS3i like things you gain personal appreciation in your network and get to meet many new people. This is often a wonderful award for the energy you put in it. You get used in thinking in terms of reciprocity instead of budgets.
By joining COS3i you increase your visibility through our combined efforts on social media, blogs, etc. Being part of COS3i is not a cost, it is a commitment in sharing the same mindset of developing our core human values, empathy, social interaction, conflict avoidance, resolution and proactive development of peace through cooperation. What to do:
- Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org with your contactdetails and motivation to join.
- You will receive the logo that you can use in your local communication. We have made stickers locally to identify our partners in the field of hospitality and social interaction.
- Connect with eachother´s social media channels to show and share each other´s COS3i events.
- Twice a year we will engage online with the community to exchange views and successes.
- We can also organize social engagement and health trips among the network for further expanding our activities also through physical encounters.
- COS3i is based on equality. Our commitment to peace unites us. Initiatives can be born everywhere and shared across the network. We develop a code of conduct together to make best use of each others efforts and engagement.