The 24 hours non stop HEX Hackathon on April 1st in Eindhoven was a brilliant setting of about 100 creative young minds.
About 20 teams were established and 6 challenges were presented, 2 of which were proposed by AiREAS (air quality, health and city dynamics) and the AiREAS partner TNO: Smart Cities have healthy air and Future Mobility if we ban the car from the city.
11 out of 20 teams choose to work on these two challenges. They were asked not only to be creative, societal relevance and impact was also key. They were already provided with three possible lines of thought: human persuasion to change behavior (leave that car and take some alternative transport means), think of alternative means that do not impact so negatively as cars in cities, or propose redesign of the city’s infrastructure.
- Team Delft: A game to make people aware of air quality and stimulate them to walk or go by bike.
- Cool kids can’t die: Awareness on air quality for kids
- NOObs: Future mobility using LoRa
- Belgians: Lifestyle app
- Heks Hacks: People receive an energy lable for their travel choices
- D3SH: Car Surf, a new way of dynamic carpooling
- R-aware: ???
- Autopool: Event based car pooling
- Eco Score: Competition between municipalities on “best Eco Score”
- Amelioration: ???
- Gone Good: the habit of doing good
- The challenge Crackers: define instant challenges
All teams have been invited to the School of Talents to further develop their creative ideas and introduce it into society using the network of the City of Tomorrow and AiREAS with the Sustainocratic coaching skills of the School of Talents.